Cannes film festival, official name Festival de Cannes, film festival held annually in Cannes, France. First held in 1946.
It is one of the “Big Three” alongside the Venice Film Festival and Berlin International Film Festival, in Europe.
But the most important feature that distinguishes Cannes Film Festival from other films and makes it more famous is that it has international status.
After the Oscar awards, the most widely spoken and respected ceremony is the Cannes Film Festival in the World.
Since the festival exists, the Oscars attract tourists to the city, even though it is not as much as the award ceremony.The world’s annual festival visits make the city lively and crowded.Cannes is becoming a multinational metropolis every year in May.
The festival is expected to contribute 200 million euros to the country’s economy, with a 5 per cent increase compared to last year, with a participatory production and Film Distribution Company and 10,000 representatives.
The 2019 Cannes Film Festival will take place between 14 and 25 May 2019.
Turkish productions that won various awards at Cannes Film Festival.
- Yol (1981) – Cannes Film Festival FIPRESCI
- Yaşamın Kıyısında (2007) – 60th Cannes Film Festival Best Screenplay Award
- Uzak(2002) – Cannes Film Festival Jury Special Award
- Üç Maymun(2008) – Best Director Award at the 61st Cannes Film Festival
- Bir Zamanlar Anadolu’da(2011) – 64th Cannes Film Festival Jury Special Award
- Kış Uykusu(2014) – 64th Cannes Film Festival Golden Palm Award
- Albüm(2016) – Cannes Film Festival Most Innovative Director Award